The Best Cinnamon Rolls



I love starting my weekend with a treat for breakfast. This doesn’t happen to often but when I do have the time to make them, I love to make this recipe. I am so excited to post these cinnamon rolls with all of you guys. I have tried several recipes, but I think that these are the winners. After trying this recipe you won’t want to try other recipes. These cinnamon rolls are super soft and the cream cheese glaze on top is great. I brought these cinnamon rolls over to my mother’s house for breakfast and they were gone. You can make them for any occasion. Bring these for your friends or even make then for your kids they will thank you. :) 
I hope you enjoy this recipe and continue reading if you want to know how I made them.
Yield: 4-8 people

What you need:
2.5 cups of flour
1/2 cup milk + 1/2 cup water (lukewarm temperature)
 1 Tbsp of yeast
3 Tbsp of sugar for the dough
1 egg
pinch of salt
1 stick of butter room temperature
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup of white sugar
1 Tbsp of cinnamon

Glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
2 Tbsp of cream cheese
3 Tbsp of milk
1 tsp of vanilla

How to make the dough:
I use this dough for a lot of my recipes. Its very simple to make. In a measuring cup pour the milk and water and bring to lukewarm temperature. 
It should be mildly warm. Drizzle the yeast in the lukewarm milk/water and then drizzle 2 tbsp of sugar over the yeast. Give it all a good mix and let rise for about 5 minutes. 




In a standard mixer add in the flour, 1 Tbsp of sugar, pinch of salt, 1 egg, and the yeast mixture.


Turn on medium speed and let mix until the dough starts mixing in together. 


When everything is mixed in well, slice 4 Tbsp of butter and slowly add to the dough while mixing on medium speed.




Take the dough hook off and cover the bowl with a towel and let rise for about 1 hour. I like to put my bowl inside the oven because there is no draft in there. 

This is how the dough should look after proofing for 1 hour.


Sprinkle the work surface with about 3 Tbsp of flour and take the flour out of the bowl.


Sprinkle some flour on top of the dough and knead for about 5 minutes. Make sure your hand have flour so the dough wont stick to them. When needing the dough grab the outer ends and fold it into the center. If the dough starts sticking to your hand lightly flour the dough don't add to much so the dough wont get tough.


If needed sift some more flour onto your work surface so the dough wont stick when rolling it out. 
Rolls the dough into a rectangle shape and about 1/2 inch thick. (cover the rolling pin with a small amount of flour)


Spread a good layer over the dough and then roll into a tight roll and cut into 1 inch thick cinnamon rolls.



Pre-heat the oven to 350 F. Place a towel over the cinnamon rolls and let rest for about 30 min.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Keep and eye out. 

How to make the spread:
Combine the rest of the butter that was left over. Add both the brown and white sugar and cinnamon. Make sure to mix well until creamy. 



For the glaze mix the powdered sugar with the cream cheese and milk until nice and creamy. Add in the vanilla and give a good mix. When the cinnamon rolls are all done and have cooled for about 5 min. pour the glaze over them and enjoy while they are warm. 



Thank you so much for visiting this page. If you do try these out please leave a comment down below and let me know how they worked out, and please feel free to ask any questions you have. I really hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did. My mouth was watering while posting this recipe. 


Comments

  1. I'm excited to try these! The recipe threw me off a little, it shows the spread mix after the oven temp. Thanks for the recipe, I hope it works with gluten free flour, I'll let you know. Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts